Monday, May 31, 2010

What a wonderful LONG weekend!

What a busy wonderful weekend! I've been off from work since Thursday and have spent the entire weekend with my family. I am so incredibly blessed that my kids chose ME to be their mama! I simply cannot imagine my life without them and even though it took five long years to get pregnant with my first born it was worth every second, minute and multiple tears I cried longing for a baby to hold in my arms!

We took the kids on Thursday to see: Shrek-The Final Chapter, and it was really good; the whole family enjoyed it. This was Lexi's first movie and even though I was skeptical about how she would do she really amazed me and did wonderful! Sure, she moved around a bit but for the most part she watched the entire movie! I'm so thrilled that we can start going to the movies more often as a family now!

Friday we ran errands around town - you know the usual, restocking toiletries, cleaning supplies and snacks for the kids. After running around we called it an early night and ordered Dear John on PPV.

We took the kids fishing on Saturday and Jerome caught a fish, his very first! I am so sad that I forgot my camera, I could have kicked myself! I really hope that my kids take after mine and Marcos' love for fishing! I remember going fishing every single day after work before having kids, there is something about listening to the roar of the river that can really relax me.

We spent Sunday with my extended family having a BBQ and being grateful for the brave men and woman who have served and continue to serve our wonderful county. I am forever thankful to those who gave the ultimate sacrifice with their lives, may God Bless you and your families. The kids had such a blast playing with their second and third cousins. It's so nice to finally be able to sit down and relax and not have to chase our kids everywhere (or have them glued to our legs the entire time!) I've come to the conclusion that our kids can provide hours of entertainment!

The kids have been loving this weather and would play outside all day if we let them! However, after today we're going to have to be extra careful where they play as Marcos killed a rattlesnake this morning! He was outside getting ready to clean the dogs kennels when he saw the snake slithering by him and towards where the kids were playing. Luckily, he had a metal pipe by him and he was able to grab it and pin the snake down so he could chop the head off - all while it was hissing and trying to bite him. Now, I know we live in the dessert area of New Mexico but in the entire 9 years we have lived here we have never seen a snake in our land! Pretty scary stuff! Thank goodness I'm married to a part time snake wrangler, LOL!


I hope every one's weekend was just as lovely as ours! Take care!

1 comment:

Shiri Briseno said...

so glad you got a long, nice, well deserved break. Tell that snake wrangling husband of yours to come on over here, he has job security out here for sure! The kiddos are getting so big, they are so precious. Thanks for all the prayers you've been sending my way, keep them coming we need them all right now. Can't wait to see you!