Thursday, June 3, 2010

Death by photo shop

I've been trying to teach myself photo shop and never in a million years did I think it would be so confusing! There are so many different layers and groups and not to mention all the steps you need to learn and memorize in order to make your photos look amazing. I've always thought I was comfortable with computers and software but I think I've finally found my match. I will continue practicing because I can only get better instead of worse, right?

I've always dreamed of being a photographer and that entails understanding how photo shop works and I promise you this, I will learn how to work it!

Below is one of my favorite pictures of Jerome and the other two are photo shopped.  
















Not the best work but IMO not too shabby either! LOL

2 comments:

Miranda said...

Great start! The best thing I've found is to open up a photo with no specific end product in mind, and just try different filters, tools, brushes etc and see what they do. I find just experimenting and seeing what each thing does (rather than reading a description) helps it stick in my mind better. I tend to get better products that way then when I have a specific project in mind. There are also heaps of online tutorials and things to help you out too.

Shiri Briseno said...

I am soooo happy you are learning how to do this, partly because I want you to have gorgeous photos of your gorgeous children and partly because I would love for you to teach computer illiterate me how to do it too!